Bangkok Art and Cultural Centre
The Bangkok Art and Cultural Centre (BACC) is the first of its kind in the city, a place where the visitors can interact with a range of creative mediums on a number of levels; be it a play, a work of art or an enjoyable film.
Best described as the pulse of Bangkok’s art scene, the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00-22:00, Closed Monday
- Location: 939 Rama I Road Wongmai, Patumwan
- BTS: National Stadium
Erawan Shrine in Bangkok is Brahman, not strictly Buddhist. And yet, this famous shrine attracts more visitors than many of the city's temples. It was erected during the mid 1950s, after the Thai government had decided to build the luxury Erawan Hotel on this location. However, the first stages of the construction were beset with so Read More...
- Opening Hours: 06:00-24:00
- Location: In front of Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel, corner of Ploenchit and Ratchadamri Road
- BTS: Chidlom
Human Body Museum
The Human Body Museum in Siam Square is a weird and amazing exhibition of 14 dissected human bodies from Japan. Some might think this is a really creepy idea but there is always a small audience who quite like to be freaked out by morbid things whilst on holiday. In some ways it is a little Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday to Sunday 10 am to 6 pm (last admission 5.30 pm), closed on Monday and national Holiday
- Location: 9th floor of the Dentistry Faculty Building of Chulalongkorn University.
- Tel: +66 87 097 5481
- Price Range: 300 baht for adults, 100 baht for students
- How to get there: The university is very large so it's easy to get lost. Maybe the best way is to come from the back of Siam Square and enter next to the large and easy to spot book shop.
Jim Thompson House
The lovely garden-enclosed compound sitting on the bank of the Saen Saeb Canal would have gone completely unnoticed, had it not been for a legacy left behind by a middle-aged American man named Jim Thompson. His elegant residential enclave, comprising six traditional Thai teakwood houses transported from Ayutthaya and Bangkok’s Ban Krua community, echoes Jim Thompson’s Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00-17:00 (last guided tour at 17:00)
- Location: Soi Kasemsan 2, opposite the National Stadium on Rama I Road.
- Address: 6/1 Soi Kasemsan 2, Rama 1 Road
- Tel: +66 (0)2 216 7368
- How to get there: Take exit 1 from the BTS National Stadium Station, turn right into Soi Kasemsan 2 and continue walking all the way to the very end. The museum will be on your left-hand side.
Kidzania is the very latest and, without a doubt, most innovative addition to the 'edutainment' scene in Bangkok. This is unlike anything we have seen before and the level of fun has been raised to a brand new level. Kidzania, originally a Mexican company, has been opening family entertainment centers since 1999 in Santa Fe, then Read More...
- Opening Hours: Weekdays 10.00 AM - 5.00 PM ? Weekend and Holidays - Morning 10.00 AM - 3.00 PM - Afternoon 4.00 PM - 9.00 PM
- Location: Top floor of Siam Paragon
- BTS: Siam
- Price Range: Adult (15-60 years old) : 400 Baht - Kids (4-14 years old) : 650 Baht - 1 kid and 1 adult : 1,050 Baht - 2 kids and 1 adult : 1,700 Baht
Madame Tussauds Bangkok
With trendy boutiques and major shopping malls in the area, Siam is a playground where local teenagers meet, hang out and shop.
Cinemas, bowling alleys & karaoke booths are ubiquitous in this area and a great way to unwind after a bout of intense shopping. Not far from MBK, and definitely worth a visit, is the Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 21:00 daily (might change slightly during long weekend or national holidays)
- Location: 6th Fl. Siam Discovery Center
- Tel: +66 (0)2 658 0060
Pathum Wanaram Temple
At the time of founding this area was accessible only by khlong (canal) and was still surrounded by rice fields. Built by King Mongkut in 1857 it was the nearest place of worship to his Sa Pathum Palace. Take a look at the carvings on the crematorium that demonstrate rare examples of ancient craftsmanship featuring ornate stencils and lacquered sculptures. Pathum Wanaram is the perfect escape for some cultural refreshment.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-16:00
- Location: Rama 1 Road, PathumWan
- BTS: Siam
Red Sky Rooftop in Bangkok
Red Sky is a fancy rooftop bar and restaurant in Bangkok. While it doesn't offer striking riverside or treetop views that other rooftop bars enjoy, it has pretty impressive 360-degree panoramic vistas from its 55th floor, one of the most convenient locations in town.
If you visit Bangkok, chances are you will end up shopping in Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - 01:00
- Address: 55th floor of the Centara Grand, Central World
- Tel: +66 (0) 2100 1234
Scala Cinema Bangkok
The Scala Cinema in Siam Square offers a more modest one-screen experience compared to the large complex situated in Siam Paragon just across the road. Built in 1967, this exquisitely maintained movie theatre is worth a trip not only for the bargain priced seats and popcorn, but also for the retro setting. From the tickets to Read More...
- BTS: Siam
- Address: Scala Theatre, Siam Square Soi 1, Rama I Rd
SEA LIFE Bangkok Ocean World
Two storeys underneath the glitzy Siam Paragon shopping mall, an aquatic wonderland the size of three Olympic swimming pools awaits your discovery at the SEA LIFE Bangkok Ocean World. This underground aquarium, one of the largest in Southeast Asia, will dazzle you with innovative world-class exhibits and over 30,000 curious looking creatures from various depths and Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 21:00 daily
- Location: Basement floor, Siam Paragon, Siam
- BTS: Siam
- How to get there: Take Exit 5 from the BTS Siam Station, which provides direct access to Siam Paragon.
Siam Kempinski Spa
The Siam Kempinski Spa in Bangkok is a one-of-a-kind ‘seasonal spa’ that offers packages custom-tailored according to your body type and the four seasons. The Siam Kempinski Hotel is directly connected to Siam Paragon Mall, and a trip to this luxury spa would be a great way to end a busy day of shopping. The Kempinksi Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00-22:00 (daily)
- Location: Rama I Road 991/9, Pathum Wan
- Tel: +66 (0)2 162 9000
The Rink Ice Skating
Unlike most other preexisting ice-skating rinks, which are housed inside an enclosed space usually on the top floor of a shopping mall, The Rink sits in an open atrium on the first floor of CentralWorld shopping complex. The space occupies what used to be the exhibition area, surrounded by brand name clothing shops and B2S retail store. While you might need to use a lot of imagination to get the feel of a real outdoor rink, think New York’s Rockefeller Center or London’s Somerset House, The Rink is a delightful alternative to the otherwise nondescript rinks elsewhere.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: CentralWorld (Forum zone)